If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission. Learn more.
So many people out there are in search of a good Apple CarPlay screen for their car. If you already have CarPlay in your car or truck, you obviously know why it’s so desirable.
To be frank, the infotainment systems in most cars are terrible. Sure, they’ve been getting better lately. But not everyone is in the market for a new car. On top of that, why bother with a proprietary infotainment system when you can just access all the great apps on your iPhone? The same is true of Android Auto, of course.
If you don’t already have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto in your car, we have something you need to see. It’s called the Car and Driver INTELLIDASH Plus. It adds CarPlay or Android Auto to any car in seconds, with no installation required.
And best of all, it’s on sale right now with a rare $100 discount!
Featured deals in this article:
Apple CarPlay screen for any car
The Car and Driver INTELLIDASH Plus is an ideal solution for anyone who doesn’t want a complicated installation.
Installing a built-in unit with CarPlay is nice, but not everyone wants to deal with the hassle. Plus, it’s not even possible in many cars these days. Streamlined interior designs mean traditional aftermarket single DIN and double DIN car stereos don’t work in many models.
Car and Driver’s awesome solution is here to save the day. In a matter of seconds, you have an Apple CarPlay screen for any car. All of the main features you would enjoy with built-in CarPlay are supported.
As a matter of fact, you’ll get extra features that aren’t even in normal CarPlay-equipped cars.
Examples include integrated SiriusXM support, YouTube, special Waze support, and more. Plus, the same can be said if you use Android Auto instead. And unlike similar solutions, this model also includes support for Android Auto, not just Apple CarPlay.
INTELLIDASH Plus quick review
We’ve been testing the Car and Driver INTELLIDASH Plus and it works quite well. It’s not exactly the same as having built-in CarPlay support in your vehicle, but this is as close as it gets. It’s also cool to be able to swap the unit from one car to another with ease.
Plus, there’s another version called the INTELLIDASH Pro that supports wireless CarPlay. Most people probably plug their phones into power anyway. But it’s nice to have the option to go wireless if you want to.
The INTELLIDASH Plus sells for $349.99, but it’s on sale right now on Amazon with a rare discount. That means you’ll pay $100 less than you would if you bought it at Walmart or another retailer.
Thanks to an instant discount, it’s listed for just $249.99 on Amazon. That matches this model’s all-time low price!
Meanwhile, the upgraded INTELLIDASH Pro with wireless CarPlay support retails for $399.99. Thanks to a $50 coupon, it’s down to $349.99 right now.
Car and Driver INTELLIDASH Plus fast facts
If you’re looking for an Apple CarPlay screen for your car, you’ve come to the right place. It also works with Android Auto and SiriusXM, so it’s a terrific all-in-one solution.
Here are the key takeaways:
- Car and Driver’s INTELLIDASH Plus is a smart display for any car
- Set it up in your new car or old car in just a few seconds — no installation required!
- INTELLIDASH Plus comes with a suction mount that can be secured to your windshield or a flat part of your dashboard
- It’s not a permanent installation, so you can move it between cars with ease
- There’s also a shock-absorbing gel strip that you can put under the unit to prevent rattling
- Add Apple CarPlay or Android Auto to any car with almost no effort at all
- The stylish, easy-to-use touchscreen is nice and big so all of your smartphone’s features are crystal-clear
- You can even use your phone’s voice assistant, like Siri, for hands-free features
- Simply connect your iPhone or Android to the INTELLIDASH Plus via the USB port to enable CarPlay or Android Auto
- It even charges your smartphone while you drive
- This model is fully compatible with your smartphone’s AI voice assistant — use it to make calls, play music, and more
- Integrated Bluetooth means you can also easily connect any device to stream music or podcasts to your car’s audio system
Already have a CarPlay screen in your car? Try this wireless CarPlay adapter
Does your car already have a CarPlay screen? That’s great, but many cars with Apple CarPlay require you to plug in your phone.
It’s simple enough to connect your iPhone to a Lightning cable, of course. But it’s also annoying when you know there’s a better option out there.
If you want a wireless CarPlay adapter for any car that already has wired CarPlay support, check out the CarlinKit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter. It’s so easy to set up, and it works great for the majority of users out there.
We told you all about it in our earlier wireless CarPlay adapter coverage, and all three versions are on sale right now with deep discounts.
Incredibly, CarlinKit’s wireless CarPlay adapters are down to new all-time low prices right now starting at just $67. That’s a phenomenal deal, so you should really try to take advantage of these discounts before they disappear.
- The Carlinkit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter converts any car with wired CarPlay so that it supports wireless CarPlay
- Works with Audi, Porsche, Volvo, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Honda, Peugeot, Chevrolet, Ford SYNC 3.4, Mazda, and more
- Your car must have a factory-wired CarPlay system in order to work with this wireless CarPlay adapter
- No more plugging your phone into your car with a Lightning USB cable
- Play music, listen to podcasts, navigate with your favorite mapping app, and more — all through CarPlay with no cable needed
- Compatible with every iPhone model from iPhone 5 and newer as long as it’s running iOS 7.1 or later
- Initial connection from your iPhone to the Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter takes between 7 and 14 seconds depending on your car and iPhone model
- Comes with a one-year warranty in addition to lifetime technical support
CarlinKit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter (Model Year: 2019 to 2020) List Price:$115.00 Price:$72.00 You Save:$43.00 (37%) Available from Amazon, bluehillco may receive a commission
CarlinKit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter (Model Year: 2021 to 2022) List Price:$118.99 Price:$67.00 You Save:$51.99 (44%) Available from Amazon, bluehillco may receive a commission
Go here to see this month’s best deals online!
Our deals and product reviews are picked by bluehillco’s expert editors and team.
Follow @bluehillcoDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.