After effects is a software developed by Adobe that includes digital visual effects and motion graphics.
The main use of after effects come in the production process of filmmaking. The most notable feature of After effects is that it provides high-quality virtual effects. Below mentioned are some of the Best Adobe After Effects Alternatives & Similar Softwares.
Best Adobe After Effects Alternatives
Natron is a tool that can handle 2D / 2.5D needs. It uses cross-platform and is an open-source tool. Natron also has facilities like keying, roto/roto paint, 2D tracking that requires visual effects.
- It offers support for tons of free and open-source OpenFX plugins.
- Users can save Images in various formats like PNG, JPG, SVG and PSD.
- Natron offers a powerful curve and dope sheet editor.
- It has rendering capability and has a GPU.
- Natron provides a powerful 2D and planner tracker.
Blender supports the creation of animation, motion tracking, video editing, 2D animation. Etc. as it is an open-source 3D creation suite. The notable feature of this tool is that it enables you to customize the application using the blenders API for Python script.
- Users have the liberty to combine 2D and 3D images.
- It allows the user to customize the window layout and shortcuts.
- Enables the user to create jaw-dropping renders.
- Blender allows the user to change the animation pose editor.
- It has the ability to render to multiplayer OpenEXR files.
- The blender helps the user in creating jaw-dropping renders.
- The tool provides animation support with onion skinning.
This tool is all in one editor compositor that offers a variety of visual effects. The most notable feature of this tool is that this software enables users to create professional-looking videos and also helps in fixing audio with ease.
- Provides audio visualization.
- Users can integrate Lights and shadows with objects to make them more realistic.
- Users can also add texts to the video.
- It Can convert to 3D from 2D.
- It has a surface studio effect that enables the user to generate animated texture.
- This tool supports shadows, environment maps and lights that can make the text appear like real-world natural objects.
4. Autodesk 3DS Max:
In order to create high-quality scenes and for VR experiences, game developers, visual effects artists and graphic designers use 3DS Max mostly. It is one of the most powerful 3D modelling and animation software.
- It can help to efficiently create organic and parametric objects with polygon subdivision surfaces.
- It is easier to manipulate fur and hair directly in viewports with selection and styling tools.
- Usinf 3DS Max users can create Sophisticated particle effects like water, spray, snow and fire.
- To make modifications or changes in models, designers can use Vertex, edge and face information.
- Designers can scale the workflow with automated processes.
- It allows users to create and render striking scenes with an integrated Arnold renderer.
5. VideoStudio Pro X6:
VideoStudio Pro X6 is a video editing software that allows users to develop professional-looking videos. It helps in quick creation of your own movies as it supports new video editing technologies.
- The frame rate can be specified during the screen capture.
- Users can view files in 4K video format.
- It allows users to customize the titles, graphics, video clips or objects.
- Users can track various elements in a video like license plates, bouncing balls or walking men in a few clicks.
- Automatic detection of voice in video and conversion of the same to subtitle segments.
6. Fusion 16:
Fusion 16 is an animation tool that provides visual effects, VR, motion graphics and 3D solutions. It allows users to create effects easily and also allow users to connect different types of photograph processing software together.
- Automatic detection of tracking details of the image.
- Using advanced matte controls users can remove background colours .
- Users can analyze the camera motion of live-action and reconstruct 3D camera movement.
- Supports major virtual reality headsets.
- Multi-shot timeline is provided which supports custom storyboards, playlists, annotation notes, version tracking and more.
- Much improved performance with additional Graphics Processing Unit acceleration.
7. Camtasia Studio:
Camtasia Studio is one of the best video editor to create a professional-looking video based on Windows, Mac and Linux platforms. This tool helps users to record meetings, YouTube videos and demo videos.
- It has a vast collection of music and sound effects to select from.
- Enables the user to record and import presentations.
- Users can add quiz questions and interactivity to measure learning videos.
- It allows users to zoom in, zoom out and pan animation.
- Cut crisp audio and video from the desktop.
- Offers eye-catching tiles, annotations and callouts.
- It has many pre-made animations to use.
Filmora is a video making an application that has an intuitive user interface and a lot of video effects. It has advanced editing modes and much greater control over video.
- Designers can organize media into full video tracks.
- PC/Mac cross-compatibility
- Users can change the Aesthetic of the video with a click
- Easy to fix camera issues like camera shake or fisheye
- Helps the user to be more productive as it is fast processing, proxy files and adjustable preview quality.
Nuke is a flexible, efficient and feature-packed video editing software. It helps compositors and animators to streamline everyday workflow.
- It helps to preview changes in the 3D environment.
- Includes vector paint tools, colour correction, rotoscope and many other tools.
- Enables to work with images that have multiple opacity and colour.
- Designers can track and correct objects accurately.
- Accurately handles Lens distortion.
10. Apple Motion:
Apple Motion is one of the best alternative to after effects that enables the creation of cinematic 2D and 3D titles, fluid transactions and real-time effects. It is shareable as up to six users can use this software.
- Users can import 360-degree media and design 360-degree titles, generators and effects.
- Can adjust the hue, brightness and saturation with the same advanced colour wheels.
- Provides high dynamic range graphics.
- There are more than 200 filters avaliable and users can drag and drop.